Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Night one down -- 29 to go

Well, I have to say night one of the challenge went well. I think that was mostly due to the fact I let myself play on the computer, though. Tonight will be the first night without either. It should be interesting.

It was a bit odd last night -- I got home and started dinner, and I was talking to my dog a mile a minute, singing and talking gibberish and stuff. I told her, "Molly, it just started and I'm already going out of my mind."

I thought it would be kind of funny to call my mom and tell her that -- and probably even get some encouragement from her, too.

Well, I learned last night that Satan uses some things that are very important to us when he wants to test us -- and he sometimes uses US when we don't even realize it.

Wehn I was talking to mom about what I was doing, she said "Do you have to give up TV *and* your computer? That's a lot. Isn't there something else you could do?"

I know that her first and only thought was, "My baby is going to be uncomfortable and I do not want that!"

It would have been so easy to say "Yeah, I guess your right. Maybe I should just cut back on them rather than cut them out completely..." (Still, to this day, I sometimes seek my mom's "permission" for some things, like missing work if I am not feeling well, etc.)

I know my mom's only thought was to protect me from discomfort -- and I also know she had no idea that at that moment Satan was using her to tempt me. She had no ill will behind her statement. But Satan comes in very attractive -- and sometimes comforting -- packages.

I did make it without turning on the TV once all day. The radio was on my favorite Christian station the entire evening. It was nice noise.

Tonight it's going to get a little more rough, though, with no computer.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment