Sunday, June 7, 2009

Roadblocks

I want to post a notice here. It's something I didn't think about until today -- and to be honest I'm not sure if I NEED to post this, but I guess better safe than sorry?

NOTICE: This is a PERSONAL blog on which I record my personal thoughts and feelings regarding my personal walk with the Lord. If you are someone who would normally not be privy to this, i.e. from work, please keep in mind that this is a personal blog. Why would I put a link to this in a place where people from work could read it? In the hopes that it will touch, inspire, be a witness to whoever takes the time to look at it. There may be things in here that I would NEVER say to people I work with. Please remember, should you come across one of these, that this is basically my journal -- something most people keep private -- and I am letting you have a peek. Don't make me regret that.

I have a few BIG roadblocks in my life -- things that have always been there, but I have not tried to conquer...or I have tried, but only halfheartedly -- or I tried and failed, the most painful one of all.

I am planning to take a serious stab at conquering a couple of these roadblocks in the very near future -- only this time I am hoping something will be different. I have never in the past entered a "battle" to overcome something like these with my entire focus on the Lord during that time.

One of these is my weight. I have ALWAYS always had to battle this. I've done some pretty drastic things, like eating about 800 calories a day, slight bulemia, even getting gastric bypass surgery. Nothing has ever helped. Now, the surgery did help -- let me rephrase, though. Nothing has ever conquered the unhealthy relationship with food I have had my entire life and helped me to lose enough weight that I could live a "normal" lifestyle.

Recently I found a bible-based weight loss program, though. It is my intention to begin working through it as part of my daily time with God -- something I have neglected lately and want to get back to.

I have only peeked at the materials, but from what I have seen so far, it looks great. It does include an eating plan, which is not something I expected it to include. (I thought it would be all Bible study, etc.) I'm not sure if I will use its plan or not. It's a basic exchange program, which is easy enough. But there may be a Weight Watchers at Work program starting up again at work soon -- if it does, I am going to join and use their point system as my guideline.

And so, over the next few days and weeks, I am going to do my best to consistently work in the materials that came with the program. It's a 13-week course, so I would like to follow it as close to that timeline as I can. It is likely something I will need to/want to go back and repeat.

I not only want to get to the point where the fact that I am a temple for the Lord, and eating unhealthy or excess amounts of food is an abomination to Him. I also, as a Christian, should live the kind of life that people look at and see Him reflected in me. I want every aspect of my life to be for Him, about Him, pointing to Him. I know it won't be easy. I have God on my side though.

I'll be working on this during a time when I am going to do something I have NEVER thought I could do or seriously considered trying -- I'm taking a 30-day no TV challenge soon. Laziness and easily distractedness are two roadblocks of mine that are tied together that I want to conquer as well...more on that in another entry, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment